Wednesday, June 11, 2008

Good times at the Whiting Homestead!!

This last weekend we went to the Whiting Homestead with my cousin, Collette (and her family) and then Satya and Lucia (and their families). Thanks to Lucia by the way for the pictures. . .

Richard and I


Satya and Amaron

Lucia and David

Me and Collette

Mike (Collette's husband) and baby Cole



Satya, Lucia and Collette talked me into hiking up Trego even though I am a wuss, but I did have a good time. Here are some pictures of us at the top. The wind was crazy!!

I cannot believe how awesome Lucia looks considering she just had her baby about six weeks ago!!




Brooklyn, Arwen and Cassideen

Amaron, (Satya's husband) built this wagon, from scraps of metal and wood in his backyard, then he rigged it up and attached it to a bike. The kids had a blast and the mom's got some decent exercise taking turns pulling them.
I tried giving the kids rides, but luckily no one had a camera at the time because it was not pretty. I forgot how to ride a bike and the bike was shaking all over the place.






14 comments:

Paul said...

Everyone is looking really clean for being at the Homestead! Are you going for the Benson Reunion?

Marisa

Tiff Hunt said...

That looks like so much fun!

readerfam said...

How fun at the Homestead! And by the way you are NOT a wuss (sp?), you run in marathons for heaven's sake!
Looks like you had a great time. It's heaven on earth for the kids-good job creating fun memories for them.

Jason and Elizabeth said...

I wish I could have been there with you, that looked like it was a blast!! I haven't climbed sierra trigo (I doubt that's how you spell it) in forever!!

Misi said...

here we are.

Misi

Carrie Rice said...

I saw these pics on Collette's blog...way fun. I wish I lived closer...oh no...I wish you guys lived closer. I really like Utah.

Jake & Sarah Salmon said...

Haha they always say, "it's like riding a bike". Like you will always remember that. haha you are so much fun melissa! Love you! Trego looks crazy! You're my inspiration!

Misi said...

Looks like you guys had a great time. Did you get the airline ticket taken care of? Hope so. We'll miss you till you get back.

Misi

Michelle said...

Melissa !!!!!

Whats up cuz?

Missing hanging out with you. I missed out on the Homestead. And I haven't seen you since I saw your house.

Hows the house building progressing?
We need to catch up big time huh

love michelle

Christina's Blog said...

i was looking at the picture of arwin with those two little girls and she is soooo cute!!

Lucia said...

Melissa, I do wish I would have seen you trying to ride that bike!

Richard and Tiffany said...

Looks like fun!!! I must agree with your post on my wall, Wentworth is very nice to look at on your page. I can't wait til Prison Break comes back in a couple months!!!

Christina's Blog said...

oh i'm doing great. i just got back from girl's camp it was soooo fun!!

...April* said...

How fun!!! I wish I lived closer! :)