Wednesday, August 13, 2008

100-years-old!!

My Great Grandpa Burdick turned 100 so my family (the Burdicks) went to California to attend the big party and I just wanted to post a few of the pictures because it was an awesome occasion!!
Here are all of my family members (excluding Richard and Jason) with my Great Grandpa (he is seriously one of the cutest old men I have ever seen!!
A lot of family members took some time to tell some stories about Grandpa and then he took the stage and sang the cutest song that he had sung at his wife's funeral in November of 2007. It was one of the sweetest things I have ever heard and I have to admit that I got a little choked up.

After the party was over, we took a lot more pictures with and without Grandpa in them (mostly with him)!!


I loved this picture of Sian, my mom and Daniel. . .

A lot of my dad's siblings and their spouses and children made it, but we were still missing quite a lot of family members, even though it may not look like we could possibly be missing anyone. My dad is the fourth child out of ten if that explains anything.

Of course I could not finish the post without some five-generation pictures with Great Grandpa Burdick, Grandpa Burdick, my dad, me and Arwen and Jackson. . .




13 comments:

Jason and Elizabeth said...

This was so fun, and I miss the family so much!! I miss you and hope that your house plans are going well!

Perkins Family said...

Melissa, Hey it's Sandra Perkins (Waite) in Idaho....Hey send me your blog name so I can log on to your's. My e=mail is jperkins22@cableone.net. It was fun to see your pictures!

Rebecca Irvine said...

I love four/five generation pictures. They end up as treasures that help link generations together. Looks like a fun birthday celebration! Becky

Jessyka said...

This looks like it was great!
Hey Melissa, can you send me your e-mail, and Anjuli's? (spelling?)
Just so I can keep you up to date with soccer?!
Thanks!

jordan and tyrell said...

5 generations is not very common. how cool that you guys were able to go and your grandpa really does look great. missed you guys at the reunion.

Michelle said...

Hey Lissa- Love the new blog and the pics! Especially Arwen and Jackson's photos on the right column. These show their personalities for sure. I love the family pic and you are so dang beautiful and you look so nice and tan in the picture with Arwen. (whoo-hoo whistle)

See ya soon,
Chelle

Jason and Elizabeth said...

Your blog is so cute! I love the new pictures and background?! What happened to prison break though? Do you know like it as well as you used too?

Jason and Elizabeth said...

Yea of course we have been watching it! haha....we were all situated this last monday with snacks etc. Then when commercials came on I would run out to do something, and then sprint back in so I didn't miss it! I think it's going to be another great season!

Lucia said...

melissa, I love all your new side pictures!, you are so so pretty. I can't stop looking at you!

Jason and Elizabeth said...

Who knows when we'll be coming to visit. There is a ward temple trip coming up, and I'm going to try and make it! I want to see you guys so much though! I love you!

Carrie Rice said...

Are you guys in your house yet? Maybe I've missed something. Hope all is going well. Love ya.

Andrea Hale said...

thanks Melissa! It was a surprise to me.. I guess I kinda new though. :) How was your game? When are we gonna get together again? :)

ashley wright said...

Hey Melissa!!! We miss you guys too- I wish we could do Rosa's again like old times!!! Wes and I both really like you and Richard; you have such a sweet family! WE hope to stay friends with you guys even though we live away right now! ANDDDD.... yeS WE ARE WATCHING PRISON BREAK!!!(Wes and i always think of you guys too when we watch it) My secret love affair with Michael Schofield continues of course!!! But yes, it is so good- i think season 1 is still my favorite- but theyre all so good! We love you!! Make sure to tell Richard Arwen and Jackson hello from our family! :) :)