Tuesday, November 4, 2008

Duathlon!!

We had a late-night Halloween and the next morning we woke the kids up at about 5:45 to get in the car to head to Casa Grande for my Duathlon (which Satya and Lucia) talked me into doing!! I was so glad that I did it though because once the race was over, I felt so great!! I did it in a decent time, even though Satya totally whooped on me!!

The only bad part was we got there at about seven and the race started at seven thirty and I had to get my packet and get my bike put away and of course, inconveniently, I had to use the restroom. I got everything set up and there were about ten minutes until the race began. I decided to go to the bathroom. Well when I was done I looked at my watch and it said 7:33. I jogged out to where the race was supposed to begin and I found this. . .

That is right, everyone was gone . . . they left right at 7:30 on the dot so I was all alone.
It is all right though because I still finished in 1 hour and 29 minutes even though I left three minutes late.

Once the race was over we took some pictures of all of us racers. Lucia was great and even though she broke her foot practicing for the race just three weeks earlier, she was still there cheering us on!!


Here are Melanie, Satya, Charlotte, Me and Lucia after the race!!

Thanks so much to all of the awesome husbands for watching the kids and cheering for us so that we could run and finish our race!! We love you guys!!

13 comments:

heather said...

GOod for you!! I am so impressed!

satya said...

You are such a great sport! Starting after everyone and you still did so awsome! Love ya!

cowgurs said...

you go melissa! if i got there and everyone was gone, i'd hop over to the finish line area and pour water all over myself like i was the fastest chick out there.....but there is something to be said for honesty too:)

kemra said...

I AM SO IMPRESSED!!!

I love the Halloween costumes too!

Andrea Hale said...

Yay Melissa! I think you are amazing! Seriously though!!!

Jason and Elizabeth said...

You updated about a lot of stuff since the last time I have read your blog. You didn't lie to me, you, richard and the kids looked awesome as the incredibles! Arwen looks so cute. did you dye her hair? Richard really does look like Mr. Incredible! haha...I miss you guys! It was good to see you on Friday! I won't be able to go to st. johns for Thanksgiving! That sucks huh?!! you guys should all come to Tucson;) haha jk

J and Christy Brown family said...

We are doing very good and living in Lehi, Utah. We are going to St. Johns for Christmas and yes time flies I believed when I met you I only have one kids and my second kid is almost 15 months now.

Andrea Hale said...

ha ha! That was funny... you're posts. :) I decided that I needed to finally sit down and catch up on the past few weeks. :) You're costumes were so good! Chris and I couldn't help but laugh at Richard. Gotta love him!

Clint, Jandee, Cannon, Cohen, and Jacee said...

Melissa!! good job on the race!! hopefully one day i will be in shap like that again!! I want to send you a christmas card. so e-mail me your address... jandeesullivan@hotmail.com Thanks!!!

ashley and wes said...

WAY TO GO MELISS!
hope all is well with you guys! we miss you ! CAN I PLEASE GET YOUR ADDRESS ASAP? THANKS SO MUCH !
TELL RICHARD AND THE KIDDOS HELLO!
ps. have you been watching PRison Break? oh my word, ITS THE BEST!

Jaime said...

I think that would have been my excuse to not run! Wow, so impressive! You girls all look great. Maybe if I tried running I would look that good too!

Jason and Elizabeth said...

I freaking miss you guys!!! I miss you I miss you I miss you I miss you I miss you!! I wish that we could see each other more often! I know I have probably told you before...but I am glad that you chose me to be a part of your family!!! That means that you thought I was cooler than any other person on this earth!! That is like the greatest compliment anyone could ever give me!!! haha...I seriously love you chicka! I love your kids and your husband! I love our family and I missed you all this Thanksgiving!!

Chet, Shelly and the 3 little peas in our pod said...

You are such a babe!