Monday, June 15, 2009

California!!

This last week was great! We started off by taking the kids to Disneyland on Friday (the 5th). We left AZ at three in the morning so that we could get there not long after it had opened. The kids had so much fun (so did Richard and I we were just a little tired by the end of the day)!! It was pretty crowded, but that is the true Disneyland experience!! Arwen loved the princess castle and she loved the Matterhorn!! Jackson loved Space Mountain!! Oh and we cannot forget waiting in line to see the princesses for over an hour (longer than any wait for the rides)!!




After that first day at Disneyland, we headed to the beach house in Newport where we got to stay with Richard's family. This was a lot of fun and we spent a lot of time at the beach. We also went to the temple and one day all of the girls went to the District to go shopping. It was a fun experience!!

Jackson spent a lot of time running from the waves (Grandpa helped him out)!!Arwen tried burying herself!


Once the week was over, we ended our vacation going to Disneyland one more time (the next Friday)!! The highlight for Jackson was seeing Mater and Lightning McQueen and Mickey Mouse!!


Arwen and Jackson in Mickey's house!!

We had so much fun, but we are so happy to be home and to be getting back into a routine!!



14 comments:

ms said...

Disneyland is one of my favorite places ever. My siblings and I go nuts when we go - we end up leaving the kids with my parents and running between every ride...haha. Are you coming down for the 24th? I think we'll be here so hopefully I'll get to see you. Oh, I am privatizing our blog at the end of this month, so leave your email on my blog on the privacy post.

Jana said...

I want to go so bad! I am glad that you had fun...but more glad that you are back. I missed having you guys around!

satya said...

I knew you wouldn't leave us hangin' we where waiting for the pictures from your awsome vacation. you guys look like you had a blast and are all so cute too! We are so glad your back! love you guys!

Jason and Elizabeth said...

It looks like you guys had a blast! Every time you put pictures up, Arwen and Jackson look so much older. It's so crazy. I miss all you guys and am so excited to see you in a couple weeks!!

Lucia said...

I love the pics, Melissa you are so pretty! WE missed you guys, glad you're back!

Chet, Shelly and the 3 little peas in our pod said...

Melissa! I know it has been forever. We HAVE to get together soon, even just for dinner or something. Your trip looks so fun. Arwen looks just like you when she's standing in front of the castle. You guys are so cute, and I loved seeing Lucia and Jess on your site too. Talk to you soon!

Anonymous said...

Seriously you were at Disneyland!!! That's great! It looks like a great time was had by all! Are you sporting a new hair cut? It looks like it in the pics! What a cutie you are!

Apryl May said...

Aww how exciting! I'm glad you guys had that opportunity to take your kids there! Was it weird not being the one going on all the rides? lol.

collette said...

Looks like tons of fun. I like your swimming suit, you always look so cute! Miss ya!

cowgurs said...

ok, first of all, where did you get such a cute/cool swim top? and second, your kids are soooo tall!---in a model and basketball player waY of course:)

Jessyka said...

Your top is so cute!

readerfam said...

Oh Melissa, you have the cutest family! I love all your pictures! California was so fun, next time though we all need to be closer don't you think? You are a darling mother and keep your kids looking so cute. I am excited about your house, I want to come see it!

Rebecca Irvine said...

Such cute pictures. Arwen and Jackson are getting so big!

~Merrill ~Millennial Preschool said...

What a beautiful and fun mom you are! I love Disney Land! It was so great to see you this week!